Tom Green County comprises 1,540.5 square miles in west central Texas, bordered by Coke County to the north, Runnels County to the northeast, Concho County to the east, Schleicher County to the south, Irion County to the west, Sterling County to the northwest and ReaganCounty to the far west.
Cities, Towns & Communities
When Tom Green County was first organized, the town of Ben Ficklin was chosen as the county seat. For several years the county’s business was held in adobe building, then the town built a new stone courthouse. After the town was destroyed by a flood in 1882, the county seat was moved to the larger and more centrally located San Angelo, where the third Tom Green Courthouse was built in 1884. The fourth courthouse was completed in 1886. The current courthouse was built in 1928.
Tom Green County Courthouse
124 W. Beauregard
San Angelo, TX 76905-5835 website
Tom Green County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.