Snyder, Texas

History

County Seat of Scurry County, Snyder is in the seventh county on a direct line west of Fort Worth. Population 2,500. Assessed city valuation of $2,000,000. Served by the Santa Fe and R. S. & P. Railways. Municipal water and sewer systems, electric power, ice and cold storage facilities. Macadamized business center. Large business section with three banks of combined resources totaling $2,000,000. Five churches ; three two-story brick schools with perfected plans for a modern $75,000 High School Building. Cotton compress and cotton-seed oil mill ; four cotton gins. – History of Texas, 1922, by W. Barrett Travis.

Location

Snyder, TX 32° 43′ 4.3896″ N, 100° 55′ 3.4248″ W