Headsville was established in the 1870s. By 1871 it had a post office, which had closed by 1905. J. G. Adams operated a store there and was postmaster in 1885, when the community had a population of thirty. In 1904 Headsville had a school with one teacher and fifty-four students. The community’s population was seventy-five in 1915. Headsville had a few scattered dwellings in 1969, and the community was still named on a 1982 county highway map. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.