Roaring Springs, Texas


Roaring Springs Depot. Under the leadership of Samuel Lazarus (1855-1926), the Quanah, Acme & Pacific Railroad contributed much to Motley County’s economic development. One of the townsites along the line, Roaring Springs was platted in 1912, one year before the tracks reached this point. This brick mission revival style depot was completed within a year, and handled passenger and freight traffic until 1971. Roaring Springs’ oldest structure, it was purchased by the city in 1972. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1977.


Roaring Springs, TX 33° 53′ 58.2864″ N, 100° 51′ 25.488″ W