Moulton. Founded (about 2 miles northwest) in early 1850s. Moved to this site after 1887 when the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad extended its line from Yoakum to Waco, placing a station at this point. Sam and Will Moore, brothers, took lead in building an outstanding school here in 1901. Town remains an agricultural and shipping center. – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1970. Located at Highway 95 at Nelson Street, Moulton.
Moulton Lodge No. 298, A.F. & A.M. First meeting held July 20, 1866. Chartered June 15, 1867, with 18 members. First building erected in cooperation with Live Oak Church, in 1874. Through the years, this Lodge has shared its building with other groups. It moved in 1894 to New Moulton. A new hall was built in 1910. – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1969. Located at 300 South Main Street, corner of west Elm and South Main, Moulton.
Zion Lutheran Church. Circuit-riding pastors served the religious needs of German Lutheran settlers of this area as early as the 1870s. A group of worshipers met to organize a congregation in March 1902. Land was purchased and construction of Zion Lutheran Church began in 1904. The church became the base for nearby rural churches. In 1927 members of the disbanded Immanuel Lutheran Church of Baursville joined the Moulton congregation. Often at the forefront of community activities, Zion Lutheran Church has been an important part of the area’s history for many years. – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1986. Located at the corner of northwest first and Nelson streets, Moulton.