The history of schools in Biardstown is closely associated with the Biard family, early settlers of the area. The first school in the community was in the log home of William Washington Biard. In 1867 John Wilson Biard, son of William Biard, and his wife Lizzie donated land for a schoolhouse. It was replaced by a second building in 1885. The rural school became a part of the Delmar Independent School District in 1949. The Biardstown School building was converted to serve as a community center. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836 – 1986. – Historical Marker text for Biardstown School. Marker located Biardstown Community Center, FM 1497 about 10 mi. south of Paris.