Benjamin, the county seat, has been the home of three Knox County Courthouses.
Knox County Courthouse, 1886 – First courthouse, a small box-and-strip building. Originally two rooms, then the courthouse was enlarged.. Replaced in 1888.
|Knox County Courthouse, Benjamin, Texas 1888|
Knox County Courthouse, 1888 – Second courthouse. Two story, Built of native stone by Ferrier Brothers & Wirz, used until 1935.
Original Old Rock Courthouse Cornerstone. Erected in Benjamin in 1891 [or 1888], when the officials of Knox County were: J.J. Truscott – judge; W.H. Benedict, T.P. Reeder, J.A. Spinks, G.B. Stewart, commissioners; T.D. Isbell – sheriff. Rock structure, replacing wooden courthouse of 1886, was in use until 1935. (1967) Incise in base: Presented by M. J. Spinks, Dallas – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1967. Located on the Courthouse Square, southeast corner, Highway 82, Benjamin.
|Knox County Courthouse, Benjamin, Texas late 1930s|
Knox County Courthouse, 1935 – Current courthouse. Modern style structure, designed by Voelcker & Dixon, architects and built by Dolph-Bateson Construction Co., as part of a Public Works Project.