Birome. Founded 1910. One of five International and Great Northern Railway stations in southern Hill County. Important agricultural market. Named for Bickham and Jerome Cartwright, descendants of settler Matthew Cartwright, whose 1856 land patent included this townsite. Historical Marker Text, 1967. Located at the Community center FM 308 at Spur FM 308, Birome.
Birome, TX 31° 48′ 47.5776″ N, 96° 57′ 45.9936″ W