Old Close City School. Built 1908 as a commissary school in colony of C. W. Post, cereal magnate. Named for his son-in-law, E. B. Close. In 1910, moved to this site. Became a common school district, 1916; independent district, 1918. First story was built 1919; second, 1921. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1968. Historical Marker text, 1968.
Marker location: Close City Community Center, from Post, take US 380 about 5 miles W to FM 399 N, and follow FM 399 about 1 mile North. Marker missing, Sept 2009.
Close City History from the Handbook of Texas Online.