Sabanno, Texas

Sabanno (Sabana, Sabanna) is on Farm Road 569 near the Callahan county line and the Sabana River in southwest Eastland County.

History

Sabanno had a post office between 1901 and 1917. During some of this time it had three churches and a three-teacher school. After 1917 the community declined. The only business in 1947 was a store. By 1973 only a Baptist church and a clubhouse remained. In 1980 through 2000 the population was estimated at twelve. Source: Handbook of Texas Online

Location

32° 11′ 7.476″ N, 99° 5′ 26.232″ W