Dothan Cemetery. The Texas and Pacific railway built the Delmar Depot near here in 1880 before rail activity shifted to Red Gap (later Cisco). A new community named Dothan formed and gained a post office in 1902. Jim and Manirval (Short) Dunaway, who settled here in 1886, donated land for a community cemetery. The first burial was their great-grandson, Carroll Leo Dunaway, in 1905. Dothan included a school and stores and by 1915 reported a population of fifty. The school closed in 1940. Family and friends have always maintained the cemetery, which features granite, limestone and fieldstone grave markers, a wire perimeter fence, and at least 22 veterans’ graves. The Dothan Cemetery Association formed in 1989 to preserve this historic vestige of a rural community. Historical Marker erected 2012, located at Dothan Cemetery, 6 miles west on CR 126 off FM 2945.
Dothan, Texas Train Wreck, May 1923 at gendisasters.com