Dudley is located on Farm Road 1178 in western Callahan County.
Dudley was founded in 1893 and named for its first postmaster and storekeeper, Nicholas M. Dudley. The community did not grow and lost its post office in 1912. In 1940 it had thirty-five people, three stores, a church, and a school. The town’s grocery store was a community gathering place and the site of domino, croquet, and softball games. At one time there were three churches in Dudley. In 1980, 1990, and 2000 the reported population was twenty-five. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.