Cat Springs. A pioneer German settlement founded in 1832 by members of the Amsler, Kleberg and Von Roeder families. – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1936. Located at FM 1094, Schlopath (0.5 miles west of intersection of FM 1094 and FM 949).
Cat Spring-Lutheran Church Cemetery. Approx 400 burials, plus some unmarked, earliest about 1880s. A pioneer German settlement founded in 1832 by members of the Amsler, Kleberg and Von Roeder families. Location: From Sealy FM 1094 W, 6 miles to Cat Spring crossroad. Take FM 949 to left and go 1.2 miles to Cat Spring. Immediately after crossing MKT railroad tracks, turn right on Newburg Rd. Follow about 1.7 miles, cemetery on right.
Cat Spring Cemetery. Burials from 1850 to present. Location: Take FM 949 north from Cat Spring, cross intersection of FM 1094 and FM 949, continue on 949 to Mill Creek Rd, turn right go .5 mile turn left on Cemetery Rd. Cemetery is on the right near the end of the road.
Hess-Kollatschny Farm House. Austrian-born Henry Hess (1851-1914) and his wife Fransiska (Schlapota) (b. 1854) built this cottage in 1876-77 in the German settlement of Cat Spring. Purchased by Charles (b. 1875) and Fannie (b. 1879) Kollatschny in 1904, the home was enlarged about 1915 and remained in that family over 50 years. Now located northwest of its original location, it features the original cypress siding and interior stenciling. The fine German craftsmanship is a tribute to Austin County’s early settlers. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1982. Location: Roff Ranch, 2 miles from Cat Spring Agricultural Hall. Marker reported missing, May 2011.