Upton County Courthouses
Upton county has had two courthouses, located in two different county seats. The first, Upland, was named the county seat in 1910 and retained the county government until 1921, when Rankin became the county seat.
Upton County Courthouse 1926 - Rankin. Two-story stone building designed by Architect David S. Castle, of Abilene. Remodelled sometime in the 1940s or early 1950s. Then, a remodelling and explansion in 1958 changed the look and the facade of the building. Courthouse is still in use.