Royse City, Texas
Royse City Lodge No. 663, A.F. & A.M.. Royse City Masonic Lodge No. 663 held its first meeting in 1888. The lodge purchased a town lot here in 1922 and erected this structure in 1925. It was designed by A. M. Kimzey and built by J. E. Harris. The 2-part commercial/institutional building exhibits classical revival and mission style elements with its truncated towers, brick pilasters, and arched windows. The city acquired the lower floor in 1941 and the Masonic lodge continued to occupy the upper floor. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994. Marker located at 124 Arch Street (City Hall) Royse City.
Royse City's First United Methodist Church Building. This building was erected in 1904, during the pastorate of the Rev. D. H. Aston, to provide larger facilities for this congregation. J. E. Flanders, a well-known Dallas architect, designed the frame structure with three prominent entry towers and decorative shingling. The contractor was Oscar W. McGraw (1879-1963), founder of the McGraw Construction Co. of Dallas. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1978. Medallion and plate located at 701 Church Street (corner of Church and Josephine Streets) off US 66 in Royse City.