Heath Methodist Church. Founded in 1890 at a site just south of town, this church originally was named Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The congregation and the church building moved to Heath between November 1909 and March 1910, and the original building was replaced by 1916. Circuit-riding ministers served the members for many years. The congregation became an integral part of the community. They moved into a new building in 1974, and called their first full-time pastor in 1981. The church continues to serve its community with a variety of ministries. Historical Marker Text, 1991. Marker located inthe 100 block of Smirl Drive (FM 1140) near the Southern intersection of FM 1140 and FM 740, Heath.