Fate Presbyterian Church. When Presbyterians organized this congregation in the middle 1880s, the community of Fate was developing as a new settlement on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad. Among the eighteen individuals who chartered the church were members of the Leonard, Kale, McLendon, Cooper, Wilson, Bonsel, Morgan, Holiday, and Sawyer families. In the early years, a circuit rider served as minister of this and other area churches. One early circuit rider was the Rev. J. A. Hornbeak (d. 1939), who was serving as minister of the Fate Presbyterian Church in 1894 when the members constructed the first sanctuary. Located on Brown Street, it was built under the supervision of head carpenter H. A. Kale (1834-1921), a charter member of the congregation. The church continued to worship in the structure until the early 1920s. In 1926, a new church building was completed at this site. With historic ties to the earliest days of the Fate community, the Fate Presbyterian Church remains an important institution in Rockwall County. Church members have included many community leaders and pioneer area settlers. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986. Historical Marker Text Marker located at 200 block of William, East Crawford Avenue, Fate
Fate Lodge No. 802, A.F. & A.M. Fate Lodge No. 802 traces its history to December 3, 1896, when a charter was issued by the Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. J. B. Young served as the first worshipful master. The 23 charter members were mostly merchants and farmers. Lodge members met in a local grocery store, blacksmith shop, and schoolhouse until 1953, when a new lodge hall/community building was built. The lodge participates in many outreach activities and continues to serve the community as it has for more than a century. Historical Marker Text, 1997. Marker located at 104 S. William near E. Crawford Ave., Fate.