Walker Bend, Texas
Walker Bend Community, located on Horseshoe Bend Road west of FM 1884, is southwest of Weatherford.
Walker Bend Community and Cemetery. Located in Parker County on a bend in the Brazos River, the Walker Bend Community was named for W.J. Walker (1821-1901) who settled in this area in the 1860's. By 1884 settlers established the Walker Bend School that served students until 1925. The nearby cemetery contains 24 recorded graves including pioneers and Walker Family members. The oldest recorded grave is that of Thomas Walker, in 1878, infant son of W.J. Walker and his wife "Aunt Jenny" Walker. The cemetery, neglected for many years, was restored by the Abandoned Cemetery Association in 1993. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1996. Located on 6705 Horseshoe Bend Road, Weatherford; FM 1884 south of Weatherford approx. 6 miles, west on Horseshoe Bend Road to 6705 .5 miles on private property, by the emus.