Soda Springs, Texas
Soda Springs. Early settlers were attracted to this area of Parker County by the abundant water supply available from the Brazos River and Soda Springs. A number of farming and ranching families established homes here, and a Baptist congregation was soon organized by the Reverend George W. Slaughter. A log church was erected in the 1850s and served the congregation until 1895, when it was replaced by a new frame structure. A one-room school served the community until 1945. The Soda Springs Cemetery, established in the 1850s, contains the graves of many area pioneers. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1990. Location: From Weatherford, take US 80 west about 13.5 miles at exit for FM 113, get onto across road and continue west. Just past the Brazos River Bridge, turn north on Soda Springs Road, drive about 1.8 miles to marker.