Greenwood formed by the 1880s on land sold to T.D. Wythe and W.J. Fain, developing as a farming community. There were a number of vital institutions here, including the general store owned by Millard Cleveland, a sheriff from Missouri; the Greenwood Cemetery; Greenwood School, built in 1883 and home to area social activities and early worship services; and several church buildings, two of which were constructed by 1906. In 1928, local women organized the Greenwood Home Demonstration Club. By the 1960s, Greenwood also boasted a community center and volunteer fire department. The early settlement never developed as a town, but its story remains a vital part of Parker County history. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 2007. Marker located at 1504 Greenwood Rd, Weatherford.