Harmony was established before 1900. By 1904 it had two schools, one with seventy-two black students and one with fifty-seven white. A post office operated in the community's general store from 1911 to 1919. In the mid-1930s Harmony had the two schools, as well as two stores and a number of houses. After World War II, many of its residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1960s the site still had a store, a church, and a number of scattered houses. The 1983 county highway map showed a business at Harmony, with a church and cemetery nearby. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.