Long Hollow, Texas
Long Hollow Community. Named for the pioneer Long family, the Long Hollow community consisted of area farm families. A school erected in the 1880s also served as a community center and church. When it burned in 1918 members of the community worked together to build a larger structure. A store operated by Alfred and Margaret Petty, so small that customers conducted business through a window, served the area for many years, catering especially to school children. The store closed in 1929 when the school consolidated with Marquez. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1988. Located on FM 1146 (W side of road), 4 mi. N of Marquez.