First Baptist Church of Blossom. Organized in 1873 by the Rev. Sam Anderson. Early services were held in a log schoolhouse, and baptisms conducted in ponds or cotton gin pools. The first permanent sanctuary, built about 1880 on land donated by G. B. Eades, was one large room with a bell tower. The church was a member of the Lamar County Baptist Association. A brick veneer building replaced the old frame church in 1909. The church women paid for the roof by giving pie suppers and selling homemade hominy. The present structure was dedicated in 1967. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected in 1974. Located at 200 S. Young St, Blossom.