Denver Hotel, Victoria, Texas early 1900s
The Denver Hotel, originally located at the southwest corner of E. Constitution and S. William's streets, emerged as the center of Victoria's social life in the early twentieth century. The hotel's proprietor, James J. Fitzgerald, began its operation in 1902. Like the Stapp Hotel, however, the Denver was relocated. In 1920, contractor Fred dismantled, moved, and reconstructed the building at 107 N. Wheeler Street for railroad engineer Joshua Bianchi, using materials salvaged from the early hotel. The original site was redeveloped as a hotel, evolving into a complex of several buildings, portions of which were designed by C. H. Page and Brothers and by Jules Leffland.
Photo from an early 1900s postcard.