St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Doss, Texas
One of two churches in Doss.
Organized by German Lutherans in September 1896 under a brush arbor at nearby Lange's Mill, this church has been part of Gillespie County history for over 100 years. A frame church building erected in 1898 was replaced by this Gothic revival structure in 1912-1913. built by church members using native limestone, the building features a central projecting bell tower and pressed metal steeple with cross stone quoins, and arched Gothic windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1993. Location: from Harper take rr 783 approx. 14 miles to intersection of RR 783 and RR 648 in Doss.
Photo from an old postcard.