Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church. This church was established in 1899, as the first mission of the historic La Lomita Church (5 miles south). Originally known as Our Lady of the Mission (Nuestra Senora de la Mission), it was renamed Our Lady of Guadalupe (Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe) in 1927 when this structure was built. The Mission revival inspired structure features a four-story tower capped by a domed belfry; mission parapets; arched windows; and elaborate limestone detailing. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1990. Marker location: 6th Dunlap Streets, Mission.
Rio Theatre. First known as Teatro La Paz (Peace Theatre), this cultural arts center was built about 1912 by Juan Bautista Barbera, a native of Spain who came to the United States in 1905. A bricklayer by profession, Barbera brought films, lecturers, actors, and musicians to his theatre. Enrique Flores bought the property and business in 1945 and changed its name to the Rio Theatre. The vernacular commercial structure continues to be a center for cultural events in Mission. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982. Marker location: 516 Doherty, Mission.
Speer Memorial Library
801 E 12th St
Mission, TX 78572
Phone: (956) 580-8750 Website