Bridge Valley, Texas
Bridge Valley History 1902. Picturesquely situated on the base of a large bend of Buckner's Creek, lies the Bridge Valley settlement. West and south of it is Buckner's Creek. Behind Buckner's Creek to the south rise the wood-crowned hills of the Bluff. It is situated on the La Grange-Flationia road, about three miles west of La Grange. The land is the fertile Buckner's Creek bottom, black-land, and to the north sandy postoak.
The population is German and American. The first settlers were Col. John Dancy, Farquhar, Ed. Manton and the Kirks. It was settled in the forties. The German and Bohemian population came there in the eighties. In 1898 it became a post-office. The voting is done at La Grange.
Bridge Valley, being so near to La Grange, is a small place. It consists of a store and saloon, a blacksmith shop and a school. In A. Legler, the jovial postmaster and merchant of this place, the visitor will find a very entertaining talker. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902