Cleveland was near Farm Road 895 between Kensing and Vasco in eastern Delta County.
The Edgar School, one of the county's first, opened there in 1883. The school was named for a local family, but the popularity of President Grover Cleveland led residents to change the name of the community in his honor in 1885. By 1889 citizens had also established the Cleveland Baptist Church, which sent a messenger to Delta County Baptist Association meeting that year. The school had thirty-six white students and one teacher in 1905. In 1939 it was consolidated into the East Delta School District. By 1964 Cleveland no longer appeared on maps. Source: Handbook of Texas Online