Cornett Cemetery. The first burials here were in the 1850s, but the oldest legible stone marks the grave of Mary Frances Hampton, who died Oct. 4, 1880. Robert Dunlap donated nine acres of land to the cemetery and to adjacent Hamell's Chapel Methodist Church. Other donors of land included G. T. Cornett and S. E. McCord, Fred and Sallie Hall, and Mr. and Mrs. Jonas Trumble. Known by several names during its history, the community burial ground was renamed "Cornett" after Cornett Post Office was established in 1901. The cemetery contains about 295 marked and 110 unmarked graves. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1976. Located on FM 250.