Santa Rosa, Texas
Santa Rosa History 1937. The Town of Santa Rosa. The Santa Rosa district, generally speaking, comprises some 17,000 acres of fine citrus fruit and vegetable country. This area has a population of approximately two thousand. Two school buildings costing over $100,000 care for an enrollment of more than four hundred children and provide a faculty consisting of fifteen well qualified teachers. Two churches fulfill the religious needs of the people.
The Parent Teacher Association, Citrus Exchange, and Farmers’ Club comprise the community organizations.
The district is served by the Southern Pacific Railroad, and is connected with all surrounding towns by fine, modern concrete highways.
The Santa Rosa Signal, the local newspaper, covers the entire county besides circulating in almost every state in the Union.
The State of Texasbook: one hundred years of progress 1937, page 231